|Today Bruce and Julian interview GROUP
Business Software's Nathan Freeman to learn more about their "Evolution
Transformer" product. The Evolution Transformer will convert Notes
client apps into XPages apps. Once an app is converted it can be accessed
from the Notes client using XPages or via a web browser.
Transformer video: http://ntf.gbs.com/nathan/escape.nsf/Images/NTFN-8BBUCX/$File/Evolution.mp4
- What's the point of even writing this
thing? Shouldn't this be IBM's job?
- Haven't other people tried this and
failed? Big companies have invested a lot of money in trying to automate
conversion to other platforms.
- Does it require the Extension Library?
- What's the balance between automation
- Isn't it better to convert by hand?
What about customers who are making the investment in XPages?
- What does a converted app look like?
- What about the UI? Does it apply OneUI?
What about existing styling?
- What won't it convert?
- What if you want to change something
in the application?
- What about Domino applications with
existing browser support?
- What about the need to know Java?
- and lots more...
Nathan's blog http://ntf.gbs.com/nathan/escape.nsf
The episode runs 43:27. Oh and thanks
for listening. You all ROCK!