|Today we spoke with Ed Brill (http://edbrill.com),
Director of Social Business and Collaboration Solutions at IBM, about his
new book. It's called Opting In: Lessons in Social Business from a Fortune
500 Product Manager, and it's available both on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Opting-In-Lessons-Business-Fortune/dp/0133258939)
and directly from IBM Press (http://www.ibmpressbooks.com/store/opting-in-lessons-in-social-business-from-a-fortune-9780133258936).
you'd like to catch up with Ed (about the book or anything else), he has
posted a few places where you can definitely find him at IBM Connect next
- Why did you write this book?
- Who is the audience?
- What is the message of the book?
- What has surprised you about the book?
- What's going on at IBM Connect related
to the book?
- And more...
|We talked to IBM User Experience Development
team members Amanda
Giles, and Mike
Stewart about what's going on
these days with the IBM Wikis. Topics included:
trivia: did you know that the short URL to the Lotus (aka ICS) wikis is
- History of the IBM wikis
- Types of content on the wikis (it's
not just random information spread across various pages)
- New features in the latest iteration
of the wiki template
- Improvements in navigation and search
- Dynamic content control
- And more...
Connections product managers
Slavens, and Luis
Benitez fill us in on the
new features of the Connections 4 (IC4) release, including:
miss the InformationWeek
simulcast on IBM Social Technologies
coming up tomorrow. A few more links to help get you up to speed on Connections
- Embedded experiences and activity streams
- Improvements to the home page
- Easily sharing information from any
context with the Sharebox
- What's coming in the Connections mobile
- Reporting and metrics (over 100 new
- Bridging content from external websites
and news sources
- And more...
new in IBM Connections 4?
Connections 4 Reviewer's Guide
Capabilities in Connections 4
(there's also a YouTube video link on that page)
This show runs 32:55
Green, CEO of TemboSocial
tells us all about The
Hive. It's peer-to-peer social
recognition software that integrates with IBM Connections to help share
knowledge, stories, and corporate culture among employees. Topics we covered
mentioned in the podcast, there is a video
demo on YouTube and plenty
more information on the TemboSocial
website. For more information,
Chris Miller also has a video
interview with Steven Green
you can check out.
- The importance of awards, achievements,
and peer recognition
- How all this ties into corporate culture
- 400,000+ stories on The Hive site for
Bank since 2009
- How does this integrate with IBM
- Is it difficult to get management and/or
employees to use something like this?
- The way that stories become company
- Analytics and reporting
- The use of promotional banners to bring
employees back the site
This show runs 39:32.
|Todays show has been sponsored by Instant
Be sure to check out their IMtegrity product for IBM Sametime.
On this episode of the podcast we were joined by IBM's
Ed Brill (@edbrill)
and talked about:
podcast runs 33:25.
- The new
partnership between IBM and Trust Factory
first announced on Ed's blog
- Trust Factory's DNA services offerings
- What the partnership means for IBM customers
- A special offer made by Ed
new book project
- What the book will and not be about
and when it will be available
- Who else will be contributing to the
- Notes Social Edition and what exactly
- Some of the new enhancements made in
the Notes Social Edition
- When it will be available for customers
- How it can be deployed
- Integration with IBM Connections "Next"
- and much more
|On this show we sat down with all of the
authors of the new "XPages
Extension Library" book
which is now available for purchase. This 537 page book was written by
Paul Hannan (@pdhannan),
The book is also available as an eBook, on Kindle and as an iBook.
On the podcast we discussed:
can also follow Julian (@jrobichaux),
and The Taking Notes Podcast (@takingnotespod)
- How the book came to be
- What tools they used to produce the
OpenNTF Extension Library Project
and the associated Upgrade
Pack 1 documentation on the
- An introduction to the XPages Extension
Library and what it exactly is
- How the book is goes beyond being "the
- Who else was involved with the creation
of the book content
- Paul, Declan, Jeremy, Paul and Tim talk
about the chapters they co-authored and some of their favorite XPages Extension
- Tim's WatrCoolr
project on OpenNTF
- Russ Maher and his
unique way of reading this
great new book
XSP Starter Kit Project on OpenNTF
by Nathan T. Freeman
- XPages architect Phil Riand and Tim's
upcoming interview with Taking Notes (Exclusive!)
- and much more....
The show runs 40:10. Oh and before we forget! Be sure and listen to Episode
154 of Taking Notes to hear Paul Calhoun and Russ Maher
talk about all things XPages. Thanks for subscribing.
|Today we spoke with Joyce Davis and Colleen
Burns from IBM about the upcoming Lotusphere 2012 and Connect events being
held in beautiful sunny Orlando, Florida NEXT week!
We would like to thank Ken
"MacOSKen" Ray for
the new Taking Notes intro that he graciously produced for us. Ken produces
three outstanding Apple focussed podcasts including:
can also hear Ken on MacBreak
Weekly with Leo Laporte on
We also suggest you follow Ken on Twitter at @macosken.
you all at Lotusphere in a few days. Oh, and we will be recording several
live shows from Orlando.
This show runs 26:56 and goes quite well with a glass of pinot.
|On this episode we spoke with Michael Sampson
about his new book "Collaboration
Roadmap - You've got the technology now what?"
We talked about:
show runs 38:13. Oh, and be sure and go
order Michael's book now.
- Why do companies need to develop a collaboration
- Are there any special "tricks"
to making collaboration happen?
- ROADMAP and what it means
- Does the book apply to any specific
- Are there differences in the way groups
and teams need to collaborate?
- Is there one platform that can "do
- Are successful collaboration efforts
based on grass root efforts?
- Michael's take on "Social Business"
- What's the future of collaboration
- What role does video conferencing play
- What has made collaboration a topic
- What do you get when you buy Michael's
- Michael attending Lotusphere 2012
- and much more...